Monday, June 1, 2009

It is going to be a long summer!!!!

Today was our first "official" day this year that we have not had to watch Colton ( I had watched him August to Now from 7-3:30 -Monday through Friday). I was looking forward to a break but now I just wish he were still here. I must say that Elizabeth and I are already Bored to tears. I worked out and that was the highlight of my day. Unfortunately we live in a small town. There is not much to do here. There are only so many times you can go to Wal- Mart each week. Elizabeth and I have read every book we own at least 5 times and done all her puzzles multiple times. Elizabeth has been getting into everything. I catch her frequently going through the pantry and on the computer. She even figured out how to climb up the changing table. She is one brave girl. I think she is needing more excitement too.



If it is quiet in the house I can guarantee that Elizabeth is on the computer.




I am even jealous that my husband gets to go to work everyday. I have thought about getting a part time job but then I would have to worry about finding a babysitter for Elizabeth. Plus she is sick enough as it is, so putting her in that environment would make matters worse. I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for making life bearable at home all day with a two year old. I might go insane!!!! HELP

3 comments:

  1. Let's see... We go on lots of walks to the park. Sidewalk chalk, bubbles, balloons, make cookies, color, we have ice cream days. Those are things that I like to do with all of us.
    As for me... I'm still in the process of making Elizabeth's shoes. I got the purple ones done, now I'm working on the pink (I promise I haven't forgotten). I'm into digital scrapbooking. It's easy and you can do everything on your computer. Then there are the awful basics of laundry, dishes, and coming up with dinner.
    I hope that helps but I think the biggest thing that you should do this summer is to come to my house and we can play!!!!!! YOU SHOULD DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel, Maddie is so bored, especially since I don't have a car, so we are stuck at home. We've been using paint and playdough (I made it) and she loves those. The other thing I discovered is the computer-starfall.com. Maddie doesn't really get all of it, but she loves to look at the information, and it's educational, so I don't feel too guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you! Nac kind of sounds like Rexburg. Wal-Mart sometimes is the high-light. You need a hobby, scrapbooking is always fun.

    ReplyDelete