Monday, July 20, 2009

Our New Computer!!!

So yet another unexpected but needed expense.....On Friday morning Cory, Elizabeth and I were sleeping in our beds when all of a sudden we were awoken by a loud bolt of lightning outside of our window. I am not sure how close it was but I guess Cory said he was awake and just laying in bed when he saw a flash of light outside of our bedroom window and then the load boom. So it was pretty scary and woke everyone up. I was still laying in bed when I started to smell a burning smell. I got up to investigate the smell. The smell was the strongest by the computer. Sure enough it was the computer. The computer had been on sleep mode and I guess the lighting fried the computer. It was hooked up to a surge protector but the surge protector failed to work. Needless to say.....We are have a new computer.
I really dislike making large purchases. It makes me nervous and super stressed. Cory and I only ever have bought a new bed, a washer and dryer and now a computer. I just get stressed with making large purchases. I am sure I will be a wreck when we buy our first house or a new car ( I mean we have bought used cars before but we have never had a car payment before). Anyways I am hoping this new computer will last 5 years or so.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about large unexpected purchases, they aren't fun. The computer looks really nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new monitor. It's really big and the picture looks great. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the old one, but the new one looks GREAT! Just hope your not one of those lucky people (what's the statistic.... 1 in 1 billion) who get struck by lighting twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. snazzy computer! sometimes it's nice to HAVE to make big purchases. it alleviates the guilt just a little ;)

    ReplyDelete