Friday, July 10, 2009

Update On Elizabeth


Elizabeth is doing better these days. We had her eyes tested again earlier this month and the Eye Doctor said everything looked good. We were also able to get her tubes replaced again. It has made a world of difference. Elizabeth can actually hear now. She has even started attempting to say words like dog,fish,cheese,sit,hi,bye mom,dad,Barney and George (for Curious George). I am soooooo thrilled and happy.

We also finally got her hearing test done. I cannot believe that Elizabeth slept for 2 hours without drugs while hooked up to wires. I prayed the whole time while the test was going on. The Audiologist said that her hearing seems to be normal. We just have to stay on top of ear infections and make sure her tubes are working properly.

Last month at this time Elizabeth was not hearing not talking and we thought she might have growths on her optic nerves. Now she is doing better. I know we have a long road ahead of us with the talking and her Neurofibromotosis but things seem to be manageable now.

I am also grateful to my Heavenly Father that Elizabeth is doing better. I know that he answers prayers. I am also thankful for everyone's support and prayers. I know that without the support and prayers I would not be able to have been able to cope. I will keep everyone posted on Elizabeth's progress.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she's doing better. Elizabeth is such a sweet girl, and I just love her new picture. You are so patient with her too, you're such a good mom! I hope things can keep going well for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Leroy. Glad to hear Elizabeth is doing well now. Hopefully things will be calm for a little bit. Thanks again for coming to stay with us. You helped me so much. Give Elizabeth a hug for us. A big thank you too for Cory driving up twice. Can you believe I had Dallin a year ago and you guys were here then too? Just remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so relieved to hear things are not quite so scary and unknown as they were. What's up with kids today and Curious George? My little cousin loves him too! Again, I love the picture, she's adorable. Great post Leah!

    ReplyDelete