Sunday, November 28, 2010

I am Thankful!

So I know this post is a little late.
I was at church today and actually got to sit through most of the talks. These 2 talks are just what I needed to hear. They were about service and the ways that service has touched these speakers lives. The talks have stuck with me all day.
While I have had some tough challenges lately (bad back,stress with Elizabeth and so on) I feel the need to share the service that has been shown to me this past Monday in particular. On Monday I had a friend who called me to see how my back was doing and to see if they could do anything to help me out. Then another friend called me to ask if we would like to come to their house on Thanksgiving. Then a while later a member of the bishopric called to see how my back was doing (he had helped give me a blessing the day before). In addition my mom and sister called to see how I was doing that day.

The day before all this had happened I could hardly move due to back pain and spasms (I am happy to report that the constant spasms were gone after the blessing). I also wasn't feeling like I deserved the love of my Heavenly Father. I know now that he cares about me. He wants me to be happy. I am grateful for the people who called that day. I am grateful for small acts of kindness and service.

No comments:

Post a Comment