Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cory's Birthday Cake

Cory's birthday is today!!! He turned the mature age of 28. I wanted to make it extra special by making him an Oreo ice cream cake. Simple enough right. Well I was wrong in this assumption. I bought Devils food cake mix and Blue bell ice cream. Got my easy recipe off line and thought I was ready to go. I went ot making the first cake and everything went well and then the cake decided to roll out of the pan..oops
Needless to say I ended up spending who knows how long making and then making yet another cake. Here are the results....

This was how it looked on the first try.

This is the final product.....

This is a front view. Not bad for my first ice cream cake. I hope it tastes good. At least now I know how to make an ice cream cake.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a burrito...in honor of Cinco de Mayo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy to me. Good job, Leah! You will have to teach me how to make an ice cream cake when you come to Houston in a few weeks. Happy Birthday to Cory! Oh... I like your blog background too!

    ReplyDelete