Wednesday, August 5, 2009

If this is part of Getting Older then Count Me Out!

So Lately I have been forgetting things and getting confused about things that I shouldn't be getting confused about. I mean there is the occasional forgetting my phone or wallet or a persons name but lately it has been out of control.
So yesterday I sent out an email for playgroup giving people directions to my apartment. Well I sent off the email and went about my day. Well tonight I was sweeping off my front balcony and looked up at my front door. The thought occurred to me that I could not remember my apartment number. I lifted up the wreath that sits in front of the apartment number and saw that it was apartment number 335. For some reason I thought that we lived in apartment number314. Who knows where I came up with that number from.Then I thought ohhhh crud what did I write as the address on my email yesterday. I hurriedly ran to the computer and pulled up the old email. Sure enough I had put the wrong apartment number. I had to send out a correction email. I don't know what is wrong with my memory. Is this something that happens as we get older. I am only twenty five. I hope this isn't a continual memory issue.
I am also paranoid because for Book Club last month we read this book about a 50 year old lady who developed early onset Alzheimer's. I think I need to start doing memory exercises. I mean it is funny but disturbing at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should have done an 'oops' face or something at least pointed to the door. At first I just thought you wanted to post a sexy photo of your self (which btw you're looking fabulous, keep up the hard work!) then I realized it was your apartment door, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always forgetting stuff like that too. I've never forgotten my address, but I've forgotten my phone number. So you aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete