Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We have A Really Mischievous Kid On Our Hands

I thought the world had come to an end when I got in the car tonight from Enrichment Night and checked my phone and had 8 new voice messages. The first message was from my next door neighbor (who I have never ever spoken to before). Stating that my husband was trying to get a hold of me. Then after almost having a heart attack I checked the next message and it was from Cory. He basically said that Elizabeth had locked him out of the house and that he was stuck on our back balcony (which is one the third floor). So I called Cory and he and Elizabeth were luckily okay. Cory said he was outside for 45 minutes and Elizabeth was inside alone. She would run up to the door laugh,check to make sure the door was still locked and run away. She also took her diaper off. Cory said that they had to call maintenance and maintenance tried to unlock the front door but the dead-bolt was locked. They threw the keys to Cory and luckily the keys are able to unlock the back balcony doors (I learn something new everyday). So Cory was able to get back into the apartment. I swear.......This kid can figure out things that normal children would never think to do. I am just lucky that no one was hurt or the house didn't get burned down.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAH Poor Cory!! :) and to think, you guys have another one coming... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! HAAHAAHAA!!! Wow! What a little (cute) stinker! That is a story she will never live down... You just wait Miss Elizabeth there will always be a first date ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, wow do you have a troublemaker! It's a good thing they were able to throw the keys to poor Cory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great story. One that I enjoy more because I'm not the one that had to survive it. She's quite the character!

    ReplyDelete